Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seriously...Do I show signs of Schizophrenia?

Dizzy.......that pretty well sums up my entire night and morning. I didn't sleep at all for tossing and turning because I think someone slipped my mind some crystal meth or something........at any rate, my mind has ran rapid for about 14 hours now, uh.....let me explain:

I'll me completely comfortable with life, OK with who I am and where I am at...........and then out of nowhere, a semi smacks me from behind, and a head shot at that. What I mean by comfortable would be tolerable with myself in the moment and content with dealing with everyday life's problems. Then in an instant, I am sooooooo not. It's really hard to explain but in these times, I start reflecting on all the things I have done...the different cloaks I have worn, the different places I have been in time....and all these thoughts rush me at once, feeling like a rabid bumble bee zipping around in my head. Kinda like I am this today, and that tomorrow....not literally, but you get the picture.....No? Yes?

Well, that be the case today......my mind jumping from this time in the past to that time in the past, with a thousand thoughts and memories streaming simultaneously. It'll drive you mad I tell ya! I usually talk excessively when this is occurring, in hopes to sidetrack my thought process, (bless my neighboring co-worker) but today I noticed  while all this mental activity is going on, I very seldom have visions of the future....I contemplate what my purpose is and what it should be, but not what I am going to be.....dunno, kinda crazy I guess......but maybe this is a breaking point with me.....No? Yes?

However, there has been one shining moment in my mental breakdown today. I had to present some improvement activities to one of our Large and in Charge customers today, one we ALL know...and after I finished (yeah, they were impressed with my progress), open discussion and conversation took place. Not having a clue with what I was dealing with today (thank goodness, they would shit can me on the spot), this VIP visitor made this statement: "You must change to survive. You should re-invent yourself every 6 months, if possible, or you will die. The longer you do something, the better you become...not because you learn to do it better, but because over time you change the way you do things, to do them in a better way"

I know that he was relating to work and the automotive industry.....but I think it can relate to me today. It gave some much needed clarity for today anyway.......and hopefully I will be back to "somewhat sane" tomorrow. No? Yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment